The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OS Discussion Part 2

Go down 
+8
Xanzus
Crazy Still
Vanitias
Shadow Knight
Tally
Linklink0091
Scrooge
DarkXZero
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

OS Discussion Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 3:45 am

Order members, do your thing!

Continuing in this discussion:
Today's release (2-8-2013)
Combo sets and their effects on custom decks in the future
Cosoma
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Here's an interesting thing I found regarding today's release. If any of you have trouble finding the Crypt Rogue, try this spot in the Undead Dungeon : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I seem to be getting him a lot more here, as well as Undead Knights. I don't know if there's any more spots, but I'll check to be sure. Also, be sure to check the updates I've done on the D.Q.A. and Character Map Location Guides.

Tally, you might wanna update the banner as well to announce today's release.

Last edited by Scrooge on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 9:32 pm

Thank you, Scrooge!
I was wondering why that hallway had such nice encounter rates, but i guess that circle is a hot spot for the new chars.
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:31 am

i wonder if all dugens have a "hot" spot in genruel :o
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:04 am

Well, each dungeon so far has spots where certain monsters appear more than usual. It makes the game a lot less bland. That's why wanted a location based character density chart, but those are a bit difficult to make and maintain.
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:31 am

@ dark, ya iv seen charts like that...its like trying to keep up with a contry's citys and towns on a bike and trying to make maps the old fashion way XD

on a side note i wanna mention i was in the area crazy said where he saw cosoma, i saw a back round that i have never seen with the tree line, it got me all excited but i am tired and i wanna rest then hit up that area again

cosoma, frost lion ,kruger, alpha frost zard, and earth golem are the only characters i am missing...i hoenstly rather find frost lion and kruger before cosoma...i dont see them at all anymore in lobbys...
Back to top Go down
Tally
Root Admin
Root Admin
Tally

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:09 am

Guyz guys I went to that spot, and the 2nd encounter was the crypt rogue >:o
~Also got earth golem. Wandered the "treasure" room in labyrinth until I random encounter'ed him(only took about 5 tries this time)

All that's left is cosoma...
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TallyAE
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 3:38 pm

omg im jelly DX

as well it seems my theroy was correct (the walking random encounter) becuase crazy saw cosoma, you got stone golem in 5 trys and i have seen now 3 father times in a row....mabeh we should base furter encounter rates off of that function alone :o
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Just hit 130 char milestone, and then some. What a joyous day. Link, i can get u the ones ur missing, if u want. I should have a four day weekend next week.
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:53 pm

thas fine with me you can get the pass from any of my farmers, as well scrooge i thought you said the chest of the labinyth dosent give exp...i got over 1k exp (that was the hardest AI fight i have ever done, harder then the nightmare dugnen, with all them heavy hitting DoTS)

@tally do you remember what map number you was at when you saw it?
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:41 pm

I never said the chest didn't give exp, you get a certain amount of exp base on your level, just like all characters when you defeat them, The only difference is that you get a massive amount of gold for your effort. I only remember saying you can't possess the chest after you defeat it.

I don't think there's any difference with exploring or using random encounters. You may all have seen rare chars by walking around. But I think that's only luck, sometimes I get a rare char by exploring alone, and I can still see it multiple times in a row. 

We should probably focus more on hot spots because some chars appear more here than others by just walking around or exploring them.

Last edited by Scrooge on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tally
Root Admin
Root Admin
Tally

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:44 pm

linklink0091 wrote:
@tally do you remember what map number you was at when you saw it?

Yeah, Map 2.
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Link, the unconfirmed hot spot for golem is the treasure room. I think Scrooge got his there pretty quickly, i got mine on the first exploration.
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Yup... It's true, try there.
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:53 pm

iv been at that spot for 2 days now :C
Back to top Go down
Shadow Knight
Admin
Admin
Shadow Knight

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Yeah, I actually calculated that he comes within every 30 battles (That's it not always the case, but around that)
Back to top Go down
http://alteriaonline.forumotion.com/
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:06 am

Oh dear, then with my average, it should take link almost 60 battles to balance things out :/ LINK IM SORRY

Also, next week my friend and i will try to make a video. I have no idea what he'll let me do, but imma try to do an all OS char 5 hit combo montage reel. Would be sweet. Maybe try to promote our forums as well. If you're ever on youtube, check out his videos: TeamThorntonGames. He's paid by youtube and partners with Machinima. Would be awesome to be the first viral AE guild.

Anyways, i still need Cosoma. If anyone encounters one on the map, please post the location here. If you already have one, please let me know if you would like to be in a vid. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Tally
Root Admin
Root Admin
Tally

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:13 am

DarkXZero wrote:
Oh dear, then with my average, it should take link almost 60 battles to balance things out :/ LINK IM SORRY

Whadya mean?
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:35 am

im clueless to XD it cant get much worse then my rate of luck
Back to top Go down
Vanitias
Admin
Admin
Vanitias

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:42 am

plays oversoul on computers at school, first monster ran into shadow acolyte which is new to me.
but the bug where the comp doesnt make a move is back FFFFFFUUUUUUUU
Back to top Go down
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/562326_3544817813367
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Maybe u got d/c? Yea the undead and nightmare dungeons have been doing that too quite too frequently =/ Good thing Shadow Acolyte is pretty easy to run into.

Also, looks like Rev will be releasing mushroom people. I would post a screenie, but my tablet is not having it right now.
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:06 am

@ everyone who notices and cares, i found a way for us to influence the wiki and correct it without haven to actuly join them, right now i request everyone to find flaws within either one of the wikis floating around on the web for oversoul and ill pass them along so the mistakes are corrected, ill be sure to add who said what to one of the wiki ppl
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:25 pm

THIS IS JUST IN! PLEASE READ IT!

New Release Schedule Coming Soon!
Posted on Febuary 15, 2013 by Nulgath

Overpowered Bosses

Hello Oversoul Players. Your experiences in the game are being heard and taken into consideration. We will make sure boss powers are adjusted soon since the game's main features are not in-game yet.

New Game Features

I wanted card customization, artifacts, elemental counters, leader boards and alignments to be in 3 months ago! This game is not the game I came to make without those features. Warlic and Rolith are working as fast as they can but also have to split their time with other games. The only thing that makes these features so complicated to code is the fact that we made this an MMO game. But true PvP matches is what this game was designed around so leaving that out was not an option.

Me and Rev are doing our best to pump out content that have some sort of purpose behind them. The quest system is not yet able to support anything more than what is in-game already. As of now we are just trying to populate the world. Creating new backgrounds, characters, animations, gameplay features like new card specials, quests and story is pretty challenging to do and also be unique every week. It's just too much for 2 let alone 1 person to do.

Bi-Weekly Releases

Soon, Oversoul will move to bi-weekly releases for two reasons:

1- I need to help on other projects like AE's upcoming mobile games and AQW3D Legends of Lore!

2- The weeks I don't help on other games will give us time to release a better quality update to you Oversoul Players.

Oversoul will be a completely different animal once we have all the core functions of the game working. Slowly but surely, it's coming!

-Nulgath
Back to top Go down
Vanitias
Admin
Admin
Vanitias

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Quote :
Me and Rev are doing our best

Rev and I
Back to top Go down
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/562326_3544817813367
Shadow Knight
Admin
Admin
Shadow Knight

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:46 pm

You shouldn't be correcting grammar Yumi troll

"Soon, Oversoul will move to bi-weekly releases for two reasons:

1- I need to help on other projects like AE's upcoming mobile games and AQW3D Legends of Lore!"

A smart move! :D
Back to top Go down
http://alteriaonline.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OS Discussion Part 2   OS Discussion Part 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OS Discussion Part 2
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next