The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OS discussion

Go down 
+10
Xanzus
Tally
Drakkos
killmaster99
Crazy Still
Dragonscar789
DarkXZero
Shadow Knight
Scrooge
Vanitias
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

OS discussion - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:18 pm

Fun... leaderboards. And yea Yumi, the latest release came with Burn mage and xboost among other really cool things. Feels like OS releases are compensating for how bland the rest of the other games' releases have been.

Link, where we you at? There are a handful of places with decent ice beetle encounters. Never more than 2 in a row for me though. If you disclose its location, all of s can help you search for it. Until then, its Mountain Gate and Father Time Forest grinding v.v And yea. I kept getting the same dungeon every single time the boss kill restarted me. It seemed to alternate bosses perfectly, probably just a coincidence.

Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:36 am

I seem to having be no luck what so ever with the Fire Mage or Shadow Acolyte on the Nightmare Dungeon, I mean the Crypt Samurais and the Shadow Pikeman Commanders are taking this "Zubats and Geodudes" thing to the next level, I could probably find the Shadow Acolyte in the Treasure Room in the Undead Dungeon, but I haven't try it yet.

Btw, Zero, you once said you found a treasure room in the Nightmare Dungeon, care to tell us where? Maybe the Fire Mage and Shadow Acolyte are common there.
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am

here is a prototype for the leaderbored for oversoul :D, it only counts your wins for as long as your loged in, as soon as you leave server your score resets...the highest iv seen was 50 wins on it and of corse they was usen the OP bosses at the time, as well this only works on the testing server

as for those ice beatles, i was in the father time area but i wasnt clicking explore or battle, i was forceing the random encounters, i sepect that the random encounters have higher chance rates then just explore, becuase the other night i ran in to father time 2 times in a row then another 3 ice beatles....as this point i have been doing random encounters at the gate and the forest to attemp to widen my serch and increase my chances for cosoma .-.

this tactic seems to work in all map like areas, cuase i have seen more "very low" encounter rates defined by scrooge's maps to be defined as low or avergae, though iv yet to see frost lion or kurger...i personly dont care for the alpha forstzard .-.

so right now im hunting for those three monsters with a 490% exp boost .-. oh what fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:59 am

Xboost, I sense a large amount of money and no life starting on oversoul.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Knight
Admin
Admin
Shadow Knight

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Wait... Leader boards are out? >>
Back to top Go down
http://alteriaonline.forumotion.com/
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:15 pm

just the testing server, it is very basic and anyone could be called number 1 with this embarassing thing .-.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Knight
Admin
Admin
Shadow Knight

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:28 pm

This will eventually be like HS Razz Also, I can't log into the server :o
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 1:39 am

Link, i thought the cap was at 100% or double exp/gold for the xboost. Either they mispoke or they didnt do a good job with coding v.v leaderboards would be fine, nothing much to expect at this phase of the game.

Scrooge, i dont recall. I was just running around and encountered a treasure chest in the nightmare dungeon. I dont even remember if it was in a single room, or just in one of the hallways. Sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:07 am

@DarkXZero : Well, it's alright...

I dunno about you, but I'm REALLY annoyed of those bosses in OS, I pretty much tried everything I could : Low level characters, High HP, high defense, unblockable attacks, DoT, saving energy, combos... Everything, I tried to combine to two or three of these tactics... They always kick my ass no matter what I do. With cheap energy cost cards with high attack power and high DoT. I even saw the Lich dealing 12 direct damage with one move and no combo. But the worse of all... They seem to always get the first turn before me and I get raped. My battles ends in two turns most of the time. These bosses needs nerfs up the ass badly. I can only hope Nulgath sees this and does something about it.

Back to top Go down
Shadow Knight
Admin
Admin
Shadow Knight

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:24 am

I agree, there is no way to beat them unless you get really lucky which I did a few times. I seem to just keep dying every time I face them now ._.
Back to top Go down
Tally
Root Admin
Root Admin
Tally

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:29 am

I beat them with Witchblade when she was still OP Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TallyAE
Shadow Knight
Admin
Admin
Shadow Knight

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:47 am

That was the only way. D:
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:05 pm

well dark i had thought about buying ten of each the seven, 30, and life time but it would come up as to much money so i got 29 7 days and maxed life times, but it was a bad idea cuase you would get more for your money if you did ten life times and ten 7 day exp boosts then anything, its hard to explain why but as you all know increaseing the fraction lessens the actule amount, and sense im gaining roughly 490% now per match that would imply "4/5" increase while with ten life times is 1/2 increase and 20 exp boosts would make 2/3 increase...and at 2/3 you would get the most bang for your buck
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:20 am

Wait... did i read that correctly, or did you somehow purchase 29x7 day boost? And no, the boosts aren't based on the percentage of each other or ur current total. It's a set rate of 10% extra so there shouldn't be a problem with decreasing fractions and optimal set values vs money spent, because of the set interval of 10. With how they have it set up, it should be your current exp amount added with whatever your multiplier is.

4/5 increase would equate to 80%. If you're getting 4/5, that means you've only bought 8 boosts. So if you're getting 100 exp normally, you would get 180 (100 normal + 80 bonus). That's not even close to 490%.

10 packs = 100% increase. Basically doubling your normal amount. Your fractions would be 2/1.

This is assuming that the coding is set up equivalent to bonus multipliers of other games (Normal + Normal X multiplier or normal x 100+bonus%) and not the probably terrible alternative.
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 8:39 am

dark my fractions are to be only used in a pie/scale and i based it off of somen i saw and noticed which ill post/show afterwords once i find it again and im looking at it like this buying ten exp boost counts for increasing it by 100% = 1 am i wrong? but lets look at this way the base exp gain at level 10 is 200 exp with that gain you are now at 400 exp...and just like the haste math in herosmash it HALFED or increased by half of the end result (a reason why i test haste buffers when a cooldown is at the half way mark) the cooldown but in this case it adds half of the ending result whole .-. and if i had 20 exp boost it would basicly 2/3rd the whole...that is where i am getting those numbers from (i know i look at math in such werid ways *whimpers*) and i cant find that viusl aid

and yes you read correctly i did get 29 seven day exp boost dispite the claim of a cap of ten as well being able to combine other exp boosts to obtaine higher exp

:EDIT: btw i think once we hit page 40 we should lock this thread and then add it to either the basket/archives or leave it here and start a new OS disscussion thread
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Yeah 40 is usually the new page line. I somewhat get where your numbers are coming from. So the whole would be the cap of 30 (10 of each)? And yea regarding your example, thats why i used the ever popular whole + bonus X multiplier. We got the same thing xD And yea thats how i tested HS powers too, although i also plugged stuff into a frame rate/action counter and all of that fun stuff (more useful for games with more intense pvp, but w/e). I'll just say we're no the right page, our fractions are just relavite to different things so we can't really compare one to the other unless i start converting.
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:21 pm

yes the cap should be ten of each but that isnt the case, i was able to get 29 of them
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 2:57 am

Hopefully it registers as 29 and didnt just stack duration with cap effects at 10. I hope they're going to release the xboost interface soon so we actually know what our exp rates are at. Until I get xboost, i think ill refrain from playing. Seems pointless to play if i dont do it at optimum rates, despite feeling it being a little on the side of a pay to win.
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 3:54 pm

belive me dark the rates and math are correct, i have went above most players and used some extra money (that i shouldnt have) to test it out to the fullest i woulr receomend as a money saver buy 10 life time and then either 10 30/7 day based on how long your on oversoul per day

hey btw has anyword about those cupid chacters .-. i want that rev..he so sexy in his outfit :3
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Probably to be released around St Valentine's week... One can only guess. -_-
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:12 pm

i want a definent yes or no on them DX
Back to top Go down
Crazy Still
Exemplar
Exemplar
Crazy Still

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:14 pm

- Was walking (or "flying") around the map.
- Random Encounter.
- Cosoma.
- Kills Cosoma.
- Game gets frozen.
Reaction:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Couldn't you get a screenshot of that encounter?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Crazy Still
Exemplar
Exemplar
Crazy Still

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Scrooge wrote:
Couldn't you get a screenshot of that encounter?! Shocked

Nope, sorry. I'm not used to take screenshots while I'm playing something. Also it wouldn't help in anything e.e (I guess?)
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:35 pm

That would helped us prove he can be found a "certain" spot or spots, by looking at the in-combat background. -.-

Now, where was it? Did the background had a Snowy Forest or an Icy Field? Forget the Screenshot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 23 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OS discussion
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next