The Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OS discussion

Go down 
+10
Xanzus
Tally
Drakkos
killmaster99
Crazy Still
Dragonscar789
DarkXZero
Shadow Knight
Scrooge
Vanitias
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadow Knight
Admin
Admin
Shadow Knight

OS discussion - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 pm

@Scrooge: Like I said, I didn't mean to offend or be rude I just assumed since you update everything after the wiki does x.x
Back to top Go down
http://alteriaonline.forumotion.com/
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:53 pm

1- I'll be deleting all none related OS things from now on, this about OS, not me.

2- Crazy you may p.m. me the suggestion.

3- The others may make a topic about me if they like.

4- Can someone please update the banner and put the following : Check the Character Map Location and the D.Q.A. Guide in the General OS Discussion thread to get updated on the new OS releases. Latest OS Update : Go Inside the Sleeping Wolf Inn and talk to the NPC Monica to do the Rat Problem quest and Darkon Draco has been released!
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Keep it on topic, people. Link, please don't withhold information which would greatly improve our OS guide. I need Cosoma if im going to make the OS vid as well. Hell, if u want, i'll see to it that ur accredited for Cosoma.
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Yes, I agree. Let's try and focus on making this topic being OS Discussion only please, as I said before, all non OS related posts will be deleted from now on.

New topic! It has come to my attention that the Rat Problem quest aka Sleeping Wolf Inn's quest has a serious glitch which has been going on since yesterday's delayed release. The Cellar Rats' HPs tend change from level 1 to your character's level. Not only that, but the Cellar Rat's Char Tree is also glitched. It shows Big Ben as the veteran level, but when you try to click it an error pop out shows up.
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:32 am

Meh visual issues with OS should be expected. I'd be worried if u told me there wasn't any problems with the weekly release. It adds a mystery hp element to the already bland "kill lots of little rats with ur epic char" quest.
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:48 am

Well, this visual problem hasn't been fixed yet, you'd think the staff would fix this with multiple patches during the day of the release, but there was only one patch update, the game went 5.49 to 5.50.

Another that throws me off are the rat characters, these are so cheap, 100 g for the Cellar Rat and 250 g for Big Ben. I can understand the Cellar Rat (being the weakest char in the game.), but Big Ben? Nah, he's a boss type character. Also their char tree are glitched, unless these are separate chars, I don't see why you should go back and redo the quest to buy the other char with the quest being boring and all.
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:23 am

Redo the quest? I bought both of them after one quest completion. According to the wiki, the aim is to make Big Ben the Vet form of the Rat. No sense in charging very high for the vet form of a cellar rat. The visual glitch is ok with me; the rat isn't difficult at all. The only problem with it is that the rat will glitch and do its death animation before it actually hits 0 hp and then u have to reload the game. Game fixing patches usually come later in the week. Nothin new.

I wouldn't ask too much more of the game. Warlic just learned some new coding styles, they re-added the DF style quest zone w/ an MMO spinoff, the quest engine actually remembers ur kill # even when logging (take that AQW, HS, and ED). All this and the game is still in open beta. If this is a conciliatory act in recompense of the well adjourned AQW3D, it's working.
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:36 am

But why would you buy both if Big Ben was aimed to be the Cellar Rat's vet? It's kinda of a waste, really. You could just buy one of them and it wouldn't do much of a different. So, why include both? It would make more sense if they made both rats, separate chars. That's what I meant by "redoing the quest."

Then again, it would be boring and they're really cheap. I like leveling up my character more than buying their other forms for X amount of gold. That's why I bought the Cellar Rat alone.

Not to mention you can use the appearance lock thing for the looks.
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 2:52 am

Meh. Ask the administration behind the game. I've found the need to do some of the impractical things u've stated xD heck other people could be like me and wanted it too. Also like me, they might not know how to use the lock appearance feature. In any case, perhaps Nul & Comp. needed a shop filler and just BSed it. Maybe the wiki is wrong and the two are separate chars.

For those who like to level chars, they even included the premature form of the... awfully named Shadow Legend for you to go from 1-20. At this rate, players don't feel overwhelmed by releases. I mean look at AQW.

Every other week "this week, we've released 2 *NEW* areas with 20 quests each where u fight the same things 50 times over, set things down, pick things up, and farm for 1% drops. Don't worry, $50 worth of AC items released too, and EVERYTHING will be rare!" Don't forget to show off all the new rares and afk sit in Yulgar and Battleon.
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Heh... Don't forget that this game is still at an early stage. As of now, you need 59,99 $ to buy yourself a big pack of SGs, you'll need those SGs to fully experience the characters you like to play as and possess rare chars... I don't use SGs to buy a myself a master character, that option is just a waste of money and time. And if SGs aren't your thing, the second option is to grind a massive amount of gold (like 100k for example) to buy characters to you have trouble catching...

Some of us like me... like to use gold rather than SG, and don't forget artifacts will be release in the game sometime soon! Hooray! another possible use for gold! :D
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:01 am

Mhm. No one likes to use SGs if they don't have to. It still comes down to time vs money and as of right now, i dont wanna jinx anything, i hope they keep it that way. Heard Drakon's Master form isn't hard to find in the maze anyways. Now, if they make it a pay to win (which is kinda close already since some char evos require SGs) i'll flip. I dont like winning/losing just b/c of money and i hate all the people who get a fat head from thinking that money = god mode. For instance an SG only artifact w/ ridiculous buffs and no way to acquire the item through just playing.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Knight
Admin
Admin
Shadow Knight

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:15 am

It is as bad as that Golem ._.
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:55 am

I got very lucky in finding my golem. I will try for DarkonDrago in my spare tiem. Either people can lock their appearance as the master form, or i've just seen a lot of lucky searchers. At least we now have an extremely hard to encounter character that can be leveled; unless they connect the low encounter ice chars as well.

With more suggestion chars coming, i do hope they dont use the maze as a kind of crap hole to dump all of them in. Sure it makes sense to encounter Darkon and the next two chars in a dark maze (sort of, considering that it's earth based) but if winning suggestion is a mermaid or something, i dont want to see it flopping around in the maze's treasure room.
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 2:18 am

I doubt Miltonius will use the Minotaur Labyrinth as a dump hole for all his new characters, otherwise it would be uncreative and boring, it would be the northwest lake in the central map all over again... Come to think of it, SK, didn't you mention you got Darkon's location from the REAL Drakon himself? Perhaps he could be the one who got the idea for the hiding spot for his character and the SG price from the char shop...

There are plenty of places Nulgath could hide his characters and when I say plenty, I mean it as FIVE different maps. He must had a good reason to place some characters in the same spot as others, because he had only one map at the time, but that doesn't mean he'll do the same with the 4 recently added maps. This is the man who created Tercessuinotlim we're talking about here...

If he is truly going to add them all the labyrinth, think of all the Stone Walls, Stuns and Mountain Strikes we would have to deal with... Yeah, I don't think that will happen. I expect more dungeons in the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:37 am

He's only adding characters to the labyrinth because it's new. He doesn't know where else to place it for if the labyrinth didn't exsist then he'd place it somewhere on the map, and that wouldn't make much sense of a whole civilization of guys who have power to summon a space time ripping dragon. Also what area would that be Nulgath needs to have a lava area for something like that. Just another object used to pull attention the area, much like the format he used on the cellar rats another way to attract attention.
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Hmm, well it's only a matter of time before he creates a new area. Someday, these places will forgotten as not all will know about them, unless they do some research...

Btw, has anyone had some login problems lately? For me, it's been like this since yesterday. Any problems going on the servers?
Back to top Go down
Vanitias
Admin
Admin
Vanitias

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:24 pm

shish is having the same problems he thinks os is down right now?
Back to top Go down
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/562326_3544817813367
Shadow Knight
Admin
Admin
Shadow Knight

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Yeah, the servers are down.
Back to top Go down
DarkXZero

DarkXZero

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Oh no ther servers x.x
Yea tutorial, every game needs some kind of volcanic/lava area. Would be kinda cool to see a dungeon like that and the monsters confined within.

Scrooge, that's exactly what i was thinking of xD another lake. It's fine the way it is right now and i cant wait for another map. Perhaps after a long time and these places are slowly forgotten, he might add a quest/monster that goes through one of the old places again. Like a throwback. Remember when maps from DF, MQ, AQ, AQW and such had around a handful of places?

I wanna see some kind of lightning temple as well. Though the idea is a bit overused, an energy based domain would be cool. Maybe some places he'll add random events> every few turns both chars take elemental damage or something like that. Would be a nice change of pace/strategy.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 am

Most likely a temple of chaos in Oversoul to be added.
Back to top Go down
Vanitias
Admin
Admin
Vanitias

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:25 pm

mreh dragonfable spinoff but yea i can see a chaos temple too
Back to top Go down
Scrooge

Scrooge

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 6:28 pm

OS servers are back on online. I think I may have found out why the servers were shut down for two days, the answer is simple... DarkonDraco. According to a post Nulgath posted on Twitter : The character makes the game lag because of the dragon. Nulgath was thinking of reducing the Dragon's size to make it less laggy, though... It's not official and there wasn't a change in the patch.
Back to top Go down
Linklink0091
Guru
Guru
Linklink0091

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:19 pm

go figer it was cuase of that peice of crap character XD
Back to top Go down
Vanitias
Admin
Admin
Vanitias

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 10:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

why hello???
Back to top Go down
Tally
Root Admin
Root Admin
Tally

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Saw that on twitter, someone's design sketch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TallyAE
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OS discussion   OS discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OS discussion
Page 19 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next